It's a Busy Life

It's a Busy Life

Monday, January 11, 2010

1st day of blog

I received a blog today from Viola, an American friend who lives in Spain, and decided that this might be a good way for me to also keep a log of my life in Paris/France/Europe.  I tried when I first arrived to write descriptions of what life was like here for me but I didn't actually succeed in contributing much.  It is true that my life here is much much busier than I ever thought would be possible, so I don't have a lot of time to spend writing, but what I can do is try to keep a journal here for anyone who is interested in what I do.  I have a Facebook account but I don't really like that format since it doesn't allow me enough space to be long-winded, which I sometimes can be.  So, here it is 11 javier 2010 and I'm going to start this blog.  

It's very cloudy and cold in Paris today, although not cold enough to snow.  I've been to my morning 2-hour French class and am now ready to hit the books.  This is a very difficult language to learn and with my nearly 62-year old brain , I can't seem to keep the words, conjugations, grammar rules, etc. in my head.  In less than a month, I have a test to see if I pass to the next level, 4, so have a ton to cram in before that time.   It's hard to study when the charms of Paris are always calling from beyond my front door.  But I must begin.....

No comments:

Post a Comment